Bandar CemeThanks to LauraBC for the heads up
Bandar Ceme OnlineThanks to Lyly here are some larger ones. We’ll have the full set later.
Larger ones coming soon…
LOST – “The End” – One of the most critically-acclaimed and groundbreaking shows of the past decade concludes in this “Lost” Series Finale Event. The battle lines are drawn as Locke puts his plan into action, which could finally liberate him from the island, on “Lost,” SUNDAY, MAY 23 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/MARIO PEREZ)
Bandar Ceme OnlineUpdate: 16:20 Thanks to Vincent for this update.
Anyway, I’ve read JohnConstant69’s writeup and more importantly I read the “Spoilers Times Talks Live : Lost event”, and there’s something that’s wrong/missing.
One part of the spoilers says “Hurley was involved in the tanggapan scene (we knew this already).”
That’s actually not true. Here’s what happened.
Darlton said they flew to Hawaii for the shooting of the tanggapan scene, which involved a lot of the characters. They then said to everybody involved that if they had any question, they’d be there to answer them. Damon added that one actor in particular – without naming him – said “Why start now ?”
AND THEN happened the really interesting stuff. Damon went on to add that this was actually the penultimate scene of the show, not the tanggapan one. Carlton stopped him, made noise to cover Damon’s words and basically said “What the hell ?”
This happened early on, I think it was even before the “There’s gonna be a big Star Wars reference in the first 7 minutes of the finale”, and definitely before the Walt bomb (well, since I follow your site, we’ve known about Malcolm appearing on the finale for a while, so not a bomb for me…)
So yeah, I get that people are confused about what the tanggapan scene is, because they talked about that scene with all the characters several times as the tanggapan one. But I assure you Damon let it slip that this scene they flew specifically to watch is not the tanggapan scene.
I don’t know what the tanggapan scene is, and I’m glad I don’t. Maybe it’s the island sinking. Maybe it’s that Jack&Desmond scene that appears in the Rumour section and which was “revealed” by a guard. I don’t know.
Thanks to Lysh for the heads up on the Video.
Thanks to Robert, Julian, ZachS, Evelynne, Bryan, Matthew, JSY09, Jim for sending these spoilers in from the event.
– Just got back, not too many spoilers…but Carlton did let out that we will see Walt again before all is said and done.
– they also referenced that one of the tanggapan scenes involves a lot of characters and that the very tanggapan scene has been known since season 1
– One of the fans in the audience asked if Desmond’s line to Jack in the 2nd season when they first meet in the stadium and Desmond tells Jack “You have to lift it up” would have any relevance to the finale. Damon & Carlton said “you will not be disappointed.”
– The bigger one, though, was confirmation that we will see Walt in the finale. Yes, Walt.
– Eloise’s knowledge is relevant for the finale.
– Walt will be back in some form.
– Damon would not directly address why Smokey was pulling Locke down that hole in the S1 finale, so that could be relevant. Same with whether or not Jacob is actually good, and whether or not there’s anything worth protecting down in the Light Cave.
– There will be a Star Wars reference in the first 7 minutes of the finale.
– Hurley was involved in the tanggapan scene (we knew this already).
– A clip was shown, pretty much an extended version of the Sawyer/Ben/Flocke one posted here. Sawyer tells Locke that he thinks Desmond is needed for destroying the Island, Locke says yes. Sawyer then takes Ben’s gun, punches him, and walks away while saying that the group he’s a part of “aren’t candidates anymore”. Locke then remarks that the Island will be at the bottom of the ocean when he’s done with it, prompting Ben to question his loyalty (Ben was promised the Island in return for his help, and assumed that its destruction was figurative and not literal). Locke then invited him to join him on his boat as he watches the Island sink. He kneels down to the ground near the well and notices pawprints.
He realizes that a dog had been there.
– Also, mirrors are very relevant.
– When Ben asks why Flocke isn’t running to chase him down Flocke explains that he intends to use Desmond to destroy the Island. Naturally Ben isn’t too pleased.
– The extended clip ends with Flocke examining the ground near the well and stating that a dog had been there.
– Widmore was lying when he said Jacob visited him
Menang CemeThanks to George for the heads up. Placed in spoilers as it contains an already aired Sneak Peek.
Bandar CemeThe writers of LOST tease the finale and talk about shutting down the writing room.
Bandar Ceme OnlineThanks to Flyer for the heads up.
We’re assuming the Lost finale was not shot chronologically. Can you tell us what to look for on Sunday so we can know when we’re watching what the actual last scene shot was?
I can tell you there was some discussion about what would be the last shot, and I decided that I wanted the last shot to involve Terry O’Quinn and Matthew Fox. And it was not an entirely popular choice on the production end because it meant keeping the actors a little longer and not getting them off of the clock. Blah blah bah. I insisted the last shot of our series was not going to be something arbitrary. In fact, we did three takes of it. And it involved a crane. It was a shot in the picture and it involved a crane with the two of them. We rehearsed it and we did take one and I said, “Well, that was wonderful guys, but I’m not ready to let go yet.” So we did it again and I said, “That was also wonderful, but I can’t say it yet.” And then, on the third take, I said, “Well, I guess I have to say it now ΓÇö that’s a wrap.” And that was our last shot, at 5:30 in the morning as the sun was coming up.
Menang CemeI recently had the opportunity to have an in depth chat with one of my longest and most trusted sources about the simpulan few episodes of Lost.
It’s been a wonderful opportunity to have a contact like this to chat and confirm a variety of spoilers over the years and to provide our readers with little snippets/games/teasers for upcoming episodes.
I’ve summarised the answers and questions below which obviously go behind the now infamous “Are You Sure” buttons.
I hope you enjoy it.
DARKUFO: Do you feel fans should be spoiled for this conclusion/last episode?
SOURCE: I don’t think they should.
DARKUFO Did you enjoy the Season Finale?
SOURCE: Yes I did, very much.
DARKUFO What ranking would you give it for our episode table?
SOURCE 10 out of 10.
DARKUFO What have been your other top episodes of the series and which episode is the finale the most similar to in your opinion?
SOURCE My top five episodes of the series in no particular order are…
Man Of Science Man Of Faith
The Other 48 Days
Through The Looking Glass
And I think the finale feels the most like The Incident. And by that I mean on island events with a multi centric alt story in place of the multi centric Jacob visitation scenes in The Incident.
DARKUFO: I myself am really looking forward to how they are going to end the show myself.I’d like to see an ending that leave us not
questioning what we have just seen but more along the lines of looking back over the previous 6 seasons and re-evaluating it. For Reference my Favourite episodes are.
The Other 48 Days
The Man Behind the Curtain
Through The Looking Glass
DARKUFO Without spoiling the details, what parts of the Finale were most satisfying?
SOURCE Geez, I don’t know how to answer that without being too spoilery. All the alt “realization” moments were very satisfying.
Since every finale has a Locke/Jack showdown of sorts this one culminating with a huge cliffside fight didn’t disappoint. I was satisfied with Kate’s romantic choice but I know a good group of people might not be.
DARKUFO Were there any parts that you found disappointing?
SOURCE Not really. I have disappointments with the series as a whole when I think about certain elements that I thought were important and ended up being pointless in retrospect. The story definitely ends, it feels very much complete, but like other fans I got sucked into the online discussion and theories and a lot of things people have read into the show weren’t, or aren’t, really there. Example: There isn’t any Ji Yeon or grown up Aaron. Unless they show up in the last act that no one really knows about besides the actors involved.
DARKUFO How many scenes from your knowledge were missing? IE secret scenes? What makes you think you know what is in the last scene?
SOURCE I don’t know for certain what the last scene is, or how many are in the last act. But my guess is Jacks “realization” moment in the alt. And when you look at how long the scenes are throughout The End when characters in the alt have their “Realization” moments I can safely predict the last act is going to just be that Jack moment.
Maybe there is one last scene that will surprise me. But after seeing the brilliant structure to the stories on this show it would be out of place to show too much of something else.
DARKUFO Which of the mysteries were explained well in the finale? Which ones have been left unanswered or at a loose end?
SOURCE Surprisingly there are more questions. People are still alive in the on island timeline who are also alive in the Alt world. I think they answered the mythology questions before The End starts. The End is character payoff.
DARKUFO Which character came out the best from the Finale?
SOURCE Kate probably just because they really redeemed her character.
DARKUFO Wow, really. Kate gets a pretty bad rep in the comments on our site so that’s going to be interesting to see the reaction after the finale has aired.
DARKUFO Favourite scene of the finale?
SOURCE Locke’s “realization” in the alt.
DARKUFO Saddest Scene of the Finale?
SOURCE Maybe the end just because its over? This episode was full of tear twinging moments but they are the happy variety.
DARKUFO Most shocking scene of the finale
SOURCE When Locke is killed on island. I guessed they would kill the smoke monster but its shocking because of who kills him.
Bandar CemeThanks to Lyly for the heads up.